Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mussourie or Mussoorie?

After much contemplation, going through over 200 different templates for my blog, uploading and re-uploading and changing and re-changing them, I finally decided to go with this one. Also, I finally changed the blog title.

Anyhoo, it was minor time again. It was the daily "Where to go for dinner tonight" meeting in my room, and like the countless times before, the same issue was raised - "Shame on us for not being able to go on an out-station trip in 2 years." But it was different this time because 2 hours post this conversation, we were in the car driving to Mussourie. Now I'm not very sure if its Mussourie or Mussoorie. Google gives both, but I'll go with Mussourie coz I like it better.

So, after giving it much thought (or NOT), the 4 of us decided to miss all the exams in the 2 days to come and packed our bags for a 29 hour trip to Mussourie. Yes, 29 only. I could not have missed the last exam. Degree at stake people. I pity poor Stud_Launda. Had to drive for around 10 hrs out of the 15 hrs effectively that we drove. Rest was done by me. Kallu was the navigator and well, Keeda was the useless tag-along that we carried around with us in the car. All the asshole did was sleep and eat and drink and smoke while lying on the back seat. Buhloody unproductive dickhead. So the next road trip that we have, he's going to contribute something. If not anything else, he'll at least be my bitch for the whole trip.

Delhi-Dehradoon-Mussourie-Kempty(Campty) Falls-Dehradoon-Delhi all covered in 29 hours. A car, smoke, scotch, beer, music, 4 people, awesome weather - Bliss!! What was the point of going out for just over a day? So much travel, tiredness? Well, in one word - FUN. Though 2 of us ended up missing out on 2 exams each, and I ended up fucking up mine big time (Imagine yourself hanging upside down from the ceiling. Then imagine the most brutal, most merciless rape that you can. That is what I went through in that one hour of the exam. One-buhloody-hour) and also fucking up my already-screwed-up-back but it will remain probably one of the best trips I went out on.

2 comments:

Preeti said...

Hi Sharad!
I like your template..:) Its different..!
N wow, your adventures sure sound like FUN..Miss college days ya, your blog is a nice reminder of carefree days..Keep posting!
Cheers!
Preeti

Preeti said...

Hmm..Yeah, must admit, it feels good not asking people to read and comment on my blog forcibly, adding the blog address in the status msg, in my gmail signature!
Anyway, I am from DCE (NSIT to be specific), the usual identity crisis! Passed out this year and just joined my job..

Post a Comment