Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Rainy Day...

It's like a daily school assignment and Miss R U Mad is my school teacher giving me daily homework to write a blog entry!! And today's home work - Behold, Ladies and Gentlemen - is A Rainy - wait for it.......................... - Day, Yes, you got it right.. "A Rainy Day".. Its more like a punishment actually for leaving this question in my Class XII th Boards... Yeah, believe it or not, but we got a 10 mark question to write our experiences on A Rainy Day and thinking that there is no way I could go back to being a 7 year old, I left the question entirely (I'm a science student, you see...it did not really matter if I scored well in my boards or not - that does not mean I didn't do well - I managed to do awesome) ..

The point is that since I left the question that day and since we could not decide on a better topic, I'm in a detention to write on a rainy day .... "I don't care even if you write 5 lines, but you have to write on A Rainy Day" she tells me.... As frivolous as my posts are, as has been very clearly pointed out by Keeda, I think I love being random when it comes to writing (not that I have done much of it ever in my life) but I'm simply loving it, be it writing about my life at IIT or the people who have mattered to me most (many ppl have told me to change the title of my last post to Me and my Girls, btw) or the gibberish I'm planning to spill out now...

Rainy day reminds me, Sunshine called me up like after a veeery long time yesterday and the first thing she says as soon as I pick up the phone is "SHARAAAAD its raining outside..." I can still fee the excitement in her voice :D ... Ironically, it rained today in Gurgaon as well.. after I came out after taking a shower (I shower every day btw), I realized it was drizzling outside, and so the first thing I did was pick up the phone and call sunshine and both of us before even saying hello go like "It's raaaiinniiiing" coz well, it was raining in Pune as well!!

Anyways lets not digress.. my assignment for today is to write about a rainy day, not what I've writtwn so far... Here it goes, 5 sentences on a rainy day..
1. I like rainy days.
2. When it rains, the peacocks dance
3. Rain also brings down the temperature
4. I love the smell of wet mud after it rains
5. I love bathing in the rain

Too lame? Alright, I'm sorry, but I couldnt skip detention... But who doesn't love bathing in the rain? or the smell of wet mud? I hate the water logged roads and the broken trees and the broken electricity polls and wires, and the power cuts when it rains though.. and I hate the mess on the roads afterwards...

Oh fuchh, my net has stopped working.. it happens sometimes when the modem gets heated up, you have to switch it off for 5 minutes, and switch it on again but since I don't have it in my room, I'll have to publish this post in the morning only... tadaaaa



7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the five sentences, very captivating and intellect stimulating. Though I am very upset with Miss R U mad for being content with only 5 sentences and thus depriving the mankind of most elaborate literature on rainy days.:-)I also like the pun in "wait for it..............day".
well written but no comparison to your earlier posts

Sharad said...

oh i forgot about the rainbow... the 7 colors... FUCHH!

ladybirdy said...

who is miss r u mad yaar??

Anonymous said...

:O shower everyday...... what a shame......

Neha said...

finally u hve redeemed urself!

Sharad said...

Thankyou maam!! :D :D

Madhur Kabra said...

5 sentences... 9/10!! yea you missed the effing rainbow! Thats what i thought!!

Post a Comment