Monday, May 18, 2009

Sixth semester at IIT!!

Well, after a few good reviews about my last post, I got excited and decided to write about life at IIT Delhi, the sixth semester actually, again after taking inspiration from Miss 'R U Mad' (but of course you have read the title, so why the hell am repeating it).. Anyways, coming to the point, I have been wanting to write about life at IIT for quiet some time now, a book probably - No, dont worry, I won't write the book, Keeda would, I know my writing sucks pretty much, I cant even write an article or a debate, let alone a book... but Keeda's one of those literary geniuses who can come up with amazing stuff when it comes to writing, be it poetry, be it articles, just anything... I'll just be assisting so that my name can be included on the second page - "Thanks to Sharad Arora for encouraging me in writing this book"... ;) No, not one of those Chetan Bhagat's Five point Someone types fictional crap! I'm talking about real IIT life, class by class, day by day, semester by semester ... Hang on! But that'll become too damn boring I guess.. No wonder Chetan Bhagat had to make it a bit too fictional and unreal!! Well whatever, lets see.. If we manage to come out with it, I'll definitely let you guys know... So, before I bore you all to death, I guess I should start about my life at IIT during the sixth semester (yeah I repeated it again, so go ahead, SUE ME!!!)

Anyways, lets start... like every other semester, this sem too started with almost daily trips to malls - hang on, getting a call... Shampoo just called me up and she's broken the whole flow.. still on the phone with her.. irritating!! ... yeah.. done with the phone finally after 20 minutes but now that she too has given me a good review about my last blog, turns out the phonecall was not all that irritating afterall! Carrying on, I was saying that like evry other semester, the frst 15 days or so this time too were spent shopping, excessively I must say, and daily lunches and dinners at restaurants in malls and drinking (what? You think I got this huge belly on my own??) and some objectionable things I'd rather not mention (not to exclude some window shopping as well)... "and Dhoni was lightning fast, he got there, took out his gloves, and it was a direct hit" .. No stupid, that's not a part of the story, it was just on the TV, kolkata playing chennai you see...Oh CRAP! Brendon Mc Cullem just got out at 81 off 48 balls! he was playing too damn good..
Coming back to IIT, yeah, meanwhile I had also applied for an entrepreneurship summit at Stanford University and had gotten a mail teling me that I had been selected, one of the 50 people to attend this week long conference - COOL HUH?? I know... So then started the whole process of almost daily meetings, and planing out the whole trip, and arranging the funding, and VISA issues etc etc. - STUPID Hussey, got run out, when there was absolutely no need for one.. Sorry, I get carried away sometimes.. the meetings continued for almost 2 months.. we managed to get the visa - a 10 year multiple entry B1/B2 - yayyyyy.. dont mind please, I got this "yaayyyy habit" from Shampoo.. dumb girl says it so often these days and you dont really know how to reply to a yaayyyy except by another yaayyy.. so... we were damn happy - the 5 of us that is... Oh I forgot to tell you about Maddy - one year senior to me, but a very cool guy yaar.... the two of us bonded pretty well during this last sem - and by bonded I mean became really good friends, that's it... anyways, the two of us planned out the entire trip, Vegas and SFO and HongKong, to the minutest detail... I'll get back to what happened to the trip a little later... The classes were going on side by side in IIT and we had decided that we'll try to attend as many classes as possible (by we I mean the 5 of us who were to go to Stanford, since we were going to miss out on a lot of attendance - I dont think I've mentioned that we are to have a minimum of 75% attendance from this sem onwards compulsary else you get an F grade in the courses, and after actually seeing it last semester, so many of us getting F grades due to short attendance, I guess every one of us was pretty shook up - NO i did NOT get any F, I'm a good boy you see) - OMFG!! kolkata just won, beat chennai's total of 188 runs.. fkn cool.. if only they had played half this better, they probably would have been in semi finals too!! -- coming back to IIT, there was this course i did, the classes for which were at 9 am tuesdays, wednesdays and fridays... GAWD, how i managed to pass this course.. thanx to keeda who put my proxy attendances soooo many times I dont even remember... and like he said "jaan pe khel ke teri proxy lagayi hai :D " I remember there were days when he called me up at 9.10 and i used to be sleeping and he'll start abusing me "Beep jaldi aa, proxy pakdi gayi, beep beep beep beep, jaldi aa or else you're dead today, beep beep beep" and I'll be half asleep and be like "What the Fuck, stop bugging me" and then I'll realize OMFG, I'm seriously dead today and rush to class in 5 minutes and sneak into the classrom at the back... FUN i tell you! Side by side, I had also attending CAT classes (for all you illiterates, CAT = Common Aptitude Test for admission to a decent B-School in India) - Fuck, they were a torture, specially the quant classes and my aptitude for quant- Keeda and Lamba would agree with me on that... Also there was the almost 4 times a week beer and the daily excessive dose of the objectionable thing I mentioned earlier going on... This was one semester where I did not study AT ALL, i tell you.. absolutely no worries about the grades, the labs, the F grades, I became "ulti chill" as we like to call it there... and so when it came to minors (twice a semester exams carrying almost 40% weightage) and majors (end of sem exams carrying 40-50% weightage) I was completely dependent on Keeda and my phone (carrying the entire presentatons and slides into the phone you see)... there has been too much of drinking during the minors and majors as well.. there was a day during minor I, the day before our last minor when something happened which I like to quote as - "It all started with a dinner in the mess, but we all ended up with one of us puking, two of us missing the exam in the morning, almost all of us locked up in the trunk of the car and driven around whole of gurgaon like crazies atleast once... and rash drunk driving, and muzic and of course a hangover!!!" (the "us" in this one night story are Stud_Launda, Keeda, Lamba and Myself) That was some night I tell you... By the end of the semester people had started telling me "Sharad, please dont get the car this time, no one has even one bit of control over ourselves and we dont know what might happen and we'll all be drunk again somewhere in your car"!! - and it happened again, and again, and again!! So many drunk nite outs this semester.. GAWD!! i pity my liver... Come to think of it, I think it was the jerks I got in the trunk of car that day and some high jumps over a freakin chair that caused my back pain, coupled with me not caring about it for over 2 months which ultimately led to a SLIP DISK.. yeah, a slip disk.. now you would ask like everyone else - "How the fuck did u get a slip disk in this young age" (I'm 21 btw) and I would give you the same answer I have been giving to everyone for last month and 23 days that I have no freaking clue... It was Keeda who did all my presentations and reports and project and covered up for me btw.. I pity him sometimes... Poor guy had to go through so much because of me... which brings us back to what happened to the Stanford/LAS VEGAS trip... we were to leave on 1st april night, spend 2 nights 2 days in Las Vegas, next 8 days in San Francisco, and then one day in Hong Kong - Maddy and I, that is - and 3 days before I was supposed to leave, the docs told me that there is no way I could go there with the condition my back is in.. so yeah, laugh all you want at my luck, but the Vegas trip got cancelled... the rest of them went of course, but poor Maddy had to cancel his trip to Vegas due to me... (I'm actually sincerely very sorry Maddy for messing up your trip)... Then there was Stud_Launda whining about his girlfriend all semester, and their break up sex and the make up sex and other kinds of sex that went on throughout the semester... (still going on I suppose)...I hope he doesn't kill me after reading this... There is another character in my story - Kallu... Well wot to say about him... Super cool banda.. No worries at all, the world is going to hell, no problem, someone's dying outside, no problem... His motto - "Who the heck cares yaar!!"... Well, so finally by the mid of the semester, our group came down to 4 people- Kallu, Keeda, Stud_launda, and me ... 4 like minded, happy go lucky sorta people.... There was also the poltu of course (read politics)... trust me you dont even want me to get started.. vaise i missed the last hardcore poltu days coz the back problem aggravated too much and i had to shift back home... anyways... Then there were the sooo many cancelled trips the plans for which were made for rishikesh, jaipur (I'm sorry Miss "Nutcase And A Half", so many plans to Jaipur got cancelled.. I wish I could have made it though, or you coming to Delhi for once, but koi na, I'm excited about our current plan :) ) chail, nainital, vaishno devi, you name it!! Someone or the other had some problem going on!! UFF!! Lets hope this trend of cancelling the plans will not continue next one year!

There were a lot of other interesting things that went on this semester, lot of other people I would like to include in this story (like Miss "Gawaar" who got so excited I included her in my last post that she pleaded I write about my second year at IIT and include her in that post as well since last semester we were not in touch that much - see i still managed to drag you here as well - Oh wait! How can I forget, I did spend a night with you driving all over Delhi and Gurgaon.. this night was just after the crazy drunk night i mentioned above btw - You owe me one Girl!! :) and Roadie_ki_Aulaad, and Jainee), but I'm too tired to write anymore and I'm sure you'd be too fkn bored by now as well.... All in all, I would say that this sem by far, has been the bestest of semesters in my IIT life, one of the best times of my life, a (im)perfect blend of fun and happy moments and sad moments and drunk moments, the most happening, the most evenful and I'll remember it throughout my life... Not trying to sound gay, but I'll miss Maddy as well, he'll be leaving this year (I'm kinda disappointed u managed to clear ur degree on time jackass :D )

So lets just leave it here.. and I'll get back to continuing the story further in a few days maybe.. Till then enjoy reading the crap I've writen so far..

Wow, 2 posts in less than 24 hours and I thought I could not write huh!!!

9 comments:

Neha said...

see u can write and that too while watching kkr win! not bad :)
n tell ur frnd not to whine abt getting sex :P
keep on writing.

Sharad said...

:D thanku thanku... and I'll most definitely tell him that :D

Saumya said...

Dude!!! You are Randomness personified!! :p But uh...so am I! :Hi-5: (I know what ur thinkin :p)
Well written buddy...2 posts in 24 hours...good going...its like opening d flood gates... :p
Wish I could have been more regular...but keep writin...atleast this way I'd know ssup wid u! :p

Sharad said...

:) thanx

Unknown said...

yayyyyyyyyyyyy m in d post.............vaise well written...keep writng....

ladybirdy said...

ur blogs just like u...so random!!! heheh

doesnt mean i dont like it...
crazy stuff tho...but main fir se kahoongi...yaar enter zyaada maar le..paragraphs mein likhnaa seekh le yaar!!!!

Sharad said...

:D point noted... next time dhyaan rakhunga :)

Nikunj said...

Keeda here refers to me.
before I write anything that I am supposed to, I express my jealousy at the fact that his light, frivilous (that means dumb) entries alwaysget more comments than my deep poems, but I'll take care of that later. Its a very beautiful and honest post. Also whats commendable is that sufficient space has been given to things that mattered this semester 4 u and indeed keep writing. though u can avoid the match details every now and then.

Madhur Kabra said...

I won't comment on your writing style or the number of comments you get on your posts (haha Nikunj you loser!! :D ), but I will say this...damn you Sharad if you guys do go to Vegas next year without me!!

Post a Comment